Earth Walk, on Sunday April 21, 2013
in collaboration with 21avril.org
Join with the members of the Green Church Program, as the church folk we are, to commemorate Earth Day on April 22nd. To show our solidarity with those who care for Creation, here are two ways of getting involved:
1. Ring the bells of the church for two minutes at 2pm to sound the alarm of the urgency of the ecological crisis, as advocated by artists like Margie Gillis and Gilles Vigneault.
2. Participate in a walkor gathering in your region. Come with your Green Church posters, your cross around your neck and your smile to light the way. You could also take a picture of your congrergation outside the church to show the support of the whole Church community during Earth Day.
Resources for Churches on this page:
- Posters to download for a march or gathering,
- ideas for the homily inspired by the readings of that Sunday.
- Read the declaration; sign the petition.
Posters to download
For a gathering or for the walls of your church
Suggestion: After printing, mount them on cardboard and attach a stick at the back.
Homilies & Preaching
inspiring for Earth Day
- By reverend Barry Mack, presbyterian pastor, click here.
- By reverend Charlie West, methodist pastor, click here.
- By reverend David Fines, pastor of the United Church of Canada, click here.
- By reverend Gwenda Wells, anglican priest, click here.
- By father Jean-Claude Bergeron, roman catholic priest, click here. (French)
Read the Declaration and sign the petition
Please visit 22avril.org
Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 13:44